ASEKOL is the new partner of UberRECYCLE
Just a few years ago, the idea of requesting a ride at the tap of a button seemed impossible, yet today Uber is available in more than 400 cities around the world. From entertainment to healthcare to mobility, rapid innovation in technology is improving our daily lives.
Keeping up with the latest developments means we often gain a growing collection of retired phones, outdated laptops and old gadgets that we don’t know what to do with. In 2014 alone, 41.8 million tonnes* of e-waste containing toxins harmful to our health and environment were thrown away.
This year’s Earth Day on April 21 and April 22 Uber is teaming up with ASEKOL to help you get rid of and recycle those cell phones, video game systems, and computers you no longer use – and keep them out of landfills. Take a few minutes to collect your old technology, request an UberRECYCLE and let Uber and ASEKOL ake care of the rest.
How it works:
- Open or download the Uber app
- Prepare the devices you want to get recycled.
- Request an ‘UberRECYCLE’ from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on April 21 – 22
- If an ‘UberRECYCLE’ is available, a partner-driver will head your way to pick up your items for FREE.
- Small electronic devices & equipment (cell phones, batteries, toys)
- White Goods (Fridges, Washing Machines…)
- Black Goods (TV’s, Monitors…)
What’s going to happen with the e-waste?
All the items will be collected in collection courtyards in Malešice where it will be redistributed to scrapyards specialising in e-waste recycling.