ASEKOL is a not-for-profit company which in representing producers and importers of electrical and electronic equipment organises a state-wide take-back system for electrical and electronic equipment (EEE). It provides collection, transport and recycling of worn-out and obsolete EEE, including to finance the entire system. ASEKOL is a so-called compliance scheme for take-back of EEE. Its contract-based services are used by manufacturers and importers of such equipment. In its take-back activities, ASEKOL closely co-operates with cities and towns, final sellers and service providers, collection companies, and processors of electrical and electronic equipment.
- to ensure collection and environmentally friendly processing of worn-out and obsolete electrical and electronic equipment
- to be a trustworthy partner for state and local administrative bodies
- to utilise its funds efficiently
- strictly to maintain quality in environmentally friendly handling of e-waste
- to perform awareness-raising activities among the general public
- to support the work of people with disabilities in sheltered workshops
ASEKOL was founded in July 2005 by the leading representatives in the market for consumer electronics, office, telecommunication and information technology. The following companies are partners in the compliance scheme:
On the basis of a decision by the Czech Ministry of the Environment (MoE), ASEKOL is authorised for take-back of electrical and electronic equipment in all of groups 1–10.
|Household devices (B2C)||Business devices (B2B)|
|Group 1 (large household appliances)||Yes||Yes|
|Group 2 (small household appliances)||Yes||Yes|
|Group 3 (IT and telecommunications equipment)||Yes||Yes|
|Group 4 (consumer equipment)||Yes||Yes|
|Group 5 (lighting equipment)||Yes||Yes|
|Group 6 (electrical and electronic tools with the exception of large stationary industrial tools)||Yes||Yes|
|Group 7 (toys, leisure and sports equipment)||Yes||Yes|
|Group 8 (medical devices)||Yes||Yes|
|Group 9 (monitoring and control instruments)||Yes||Yes|
|Group 10 (automatic dispensers)||Not applicable||Yes|
ASEKOL co-operates closely with:
- The Consumer Electronics Association (ASE) and most of its founders are ASE members
- It is a member of the Publicly Beneficial Services Association
- It is a member of the WEEE Forum, a European association of compliance schemes, based in Brussels.