Duties of producers
1. Maintain continuous records of all electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) that has been imported or manufactured, put on the market or exported from the Czech Republic.
2. Provide information on the quantity of EEE (in the form of quarterly statements) that has been:
• imported into the Czech Republic or manufactured in the territory of the Czech Republic
• put on the market in the Czech Republic
• exported outside the territory of the Czech Republic.
3. Pay the fee for the provided services in due time.
4. Provide information on the material composition of EEE, the contents of hazardous substances, the manner of dismantling, the possibilities of reuse, etc. by completing the form Information for the producers of electrical and electronic equipment and for the processors of waste electrical and electronic equipment (doc, 25 kB) no later than 12 months after putting the EEE on the market.
5. Separately specify the fees for historical EEE in documents concerning the sale of EEE, for the term permitted by the law.
6. Notify all changes in data within 14 days. More information is available here.
7. Perform duties that must be performed by producers individually under the law.
Duties that must be performed individually by the producers pursuant to Section 37j, in spite of participating in a collective scheme:
1. Put EEE on the market so as to facilitate dismantling and recovery of WEEE.
2. Provide for labelling of EEE. More information is available here.
3. Actively participate in the consumer information system – provide information in the accompanying documents of EEE on participation in the collective scheme, on the take-back places and places of separate collection, and on the requirement that EEE not be disposed of together with mixed municipal waste.
4. Put EEE in categories 1 to 7 and 10 on the market after June 30, 2006 without any content of lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE).
Published on: 09. 09. 2009
Author: Ing. Karel Krejsa