On 19 September 2009, Amendment No. 297/2009 Coll., on waste, stipulating new obligations in the sphere of batteries and accumulators has entered into force.
Every manufacturer, who places on the market in the Czech Republic portable batteries or accumulators, is obligated:
- to provide for their proper labelling,
- to observe the prohibition of placing on the market or in circulation portable batteries containing Hg or Cd,
- to provide for the take-back of spent portable batteries and/or accumulators.
Also, under the Czech and EU law, any person placing on the market electrical and/or electronic equipment with built-in, attached and/or enclosed batteries is considered the manufacturer.
An agreement on cooperation between the ASEKOL and ECOBAT collective schemes was executed on December 1, 2009 in accordance with Section 31l (10) of Act No. 185/2001 Coll., on waste.
On the basis of the aforementioned agreement, you will be able to fulfill your new statutory take-back duties jointly for electrical and electronic equipment and portable batteries in cooperation with the ASEKOL collective scheme. The cooperation applies, in particular, to portable batteries and accumulators incorporated in electrical and electronic equipment or enclosed with such equipment, in all EEE groups.
The basic legal act to be taken by you is to grant a power of attorney to the ASEKOL collective scheme
- for the conclusion of a joint performance agreement with ECOBAT,
- for the exercise of a number of practical activities in relation to ECOBAT.
Published on: 08. 12. 2009
Author: Ing. Karel Krejsa