As early as from 2002, the manufacturers placing on the Czech market portable batteries or accumulators are obligated to provide for their take-back. In practice, this means to provide for the return collection and recycling of batteries in organisation, finance and information terms.
In particular, the take-back schedule of portable batteries or accumulators includes the following duties:
- To inform the end-users
- To file the application for the entry into the List of Manufacturers
- To submit annual reports on meeting the duties
- To provide for the minimum take-back level of 25% in 2012
- To provide for the minimum efficiency of material-use processes from 2011
- To furnish the required financial guarantees
- To create collection (take-back) points in all municipalities with more than 1,500 inhabitants, where the relevant manufacturer’s batteries are sold
- To provide for, at its own expenses, take-back of batteries from all retailers selling the relevant manufacturer’s batteries upon the retailers’ request
Among other things, the producers placing on the market in the Czech Republic portable batteries and accumulators can meet this obligation in the collective system.
Published on: 08. 12. 2009
Author: Ing. Karel Krejsa